An alien armada appears in the Oort cloud and bears inexorably towards Earth, with terrible and ill intent. This is the premise of the science fiction story/haibun “The Day We Lost Earth,” by Ron Sparks. Join the Flash Challenge! Here is what you must do:
- Read the story “The Day We Lost Earth.”
- Choose a favorite phrase or sentence from the story.
- Write a Flash Fiction story here, with the following parameters:
- Genre: Science fiction
- Word Count: 500 – 1000
- Time Period: The Future
- Required Phrase: The phrase/sentence you selected in step 2.
- Hypertext Requirement: You must hyperlink your entire phrase/sentence to the story. Use this URL: http://www.ronsparks.com/day-lost-earth/
- Setting: Anywhere in the same universe as “The Day We Lost Earth.” You are writing a story in this universe.
(image credit: mightypirate)
Let us know if you like or dislike this Flash Challenge